About TMS Advanced Therapy
Advanced TMS Therapy uses transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to target key areas of the brain that are underactive in people with depression. It is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).
During a NeuroStar treatment session, a magnet similar in strength to that used in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine is used to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood. These magnetic pulses may have a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitter levels, making long-term remission possible.
WHY TMS FOR DEPRESSION
- FDA Cleared
- No side effects of drugs
- Not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy)
- Long lasting symptom relief
- Covered by most insurance
- Over 2 million treatments delivered
Treatment with NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is easy:
- Therapy sessions are conducted in your doctor’s office
- You can return to normal activities right away
- You are awake during treatment
- There are no negative effects on memory or sleep
- It’s covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Tricare
With more than one million treatments performed, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to people every day.
NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS) may not be right for everyone. Use the locator to find a NeuroStar physician to ask how this proven depression treatment can help and whether TMS is right for you or your loved one.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone, so talk to a NeuroStar physician to learn more about how this proven alternative depression treatment has helped other people with their depression, and whether it may help you or your loved one.